Join the Team! Box Office Supervisor
Pavilion Theatre is now seeking applicants to join our team for the following position:
Job Title: Box Office Supervisor
Job Role: The role of Box Office Supervisor is expected to provide customer service, cash handling and ticketing services for Pavilion Theatre. It also requires the supervisor to oversee other Box Office staff and to ensure that they are providing a consistent service. This is an integral part of the Pavilion team that involves front line daily interacting with our patrons and providing for their needs. This role requires a motivated and dynamic person who can think and operate in a strategic, methodical, well-organised manner and can manage multiple priorities.
Contract: 35 hours per week
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Box Office Day-to-Day
- To process phone, online and in-person ticket sales and queries using Ticketsolve, Pavilion’s computerised ticketing system
- To actively maintain and encourage a high standard of professional customer service as Pavilion’s first point of customer contact
- To be fully informed of each event, knowing the main selling points, and looking to create sales opportunities and group development whenever possible.
- To replenish and update the marketing material in Pavilion Theatre and ensure that the Box Office and foyer area is always presentable and safe.
- To communicate with relevant departments on sold out shows, notable sales patterns, group bookings and other appropriate show and sales updates
Box Office Admin
- To manage and maintain the back end of Ticketsolve, setting up and updating shows on our website, and maintaining customer databases and website recommendations
- To effectively manage incoming companies regarding their guest lists, sales reports, other ticketing needs and recharges.
- To produce sales and marketing reports and event analysis reports when required
- To liaise with Ticketsolve and/or IT support regarding any issues that may occur with the system, in a quick and efficient manner.
- To manage sales, reconciling reports, updating seating charts, event information, and any administration/tasks related to Box Office, Front of House or Marketing that may be reasonably required.
- To proactively provide solutions to any identified problems at Box Office, including being receptive to customer feedback and using this feedback to improve our services, where appropriate
Box Office Supervision
- To train and support all Pavilion’s Box Office Assistants and keep them informed of daily activities, updates, and developments
- Ability to use discretion in making decisions within the scope of the role, and to liaise with line manager if guidance/assistance is required
- To ensure that the appropriate ticketing printing system is in place for each show, taking into account the demographic of the show attendees.
- To be aware of the fire evacuation procedure and Health and Safety requirements of the venue
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage their own time effectively, particularly in relation to deadlines with an achievement-oriented attitude
- To communicate effectively with Duty Managers on all show nights
- To attend and contribute to weekly Marketing meetings.
- High standard of attention to detail, integrity, credibility, and reliability
The above list details in a broad way the duties to be performed by the Box Office Supervisor. It is not an exhaustive or definite list and other duties may be assigned by the Operations Manager, Marketing Manager or Venue Director.
The successful candidate should have the following personal specifications:
- Good knowledge of ticketing systems; Ticketsolve training is provided if necessary
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service-related industry
- Excellent positive, efficient, and courteous verbal and written communications
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro preferred
- Good copywriting skills and enthusiastic about social media
- Excellent cash handling skills
- Available to work evenings and weekend shifts
Reports to: General Manager, Marketing Manager and Venue Director
Works with: Box Office staff, Bar staff, Technical staff, Volunteers, Customers
To apply for this position, please email a CV detailing your experiences and a cover letter briefly telling us:
- Why you think you would be the most suitable candidate for this role
- Outlining your most relevant experience to support your suitability
- Names and positions of two referees relevant to your application
Ideal start date: End of January 2024
Applications must be submitted by email to:
Niall Gomes O’Connell, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 19 January, 5pm
Interviews will take place the week of Monday 22 January.
Pavilion Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.