Open Call: Young Curators 2021
22 March 2021
Applications now closed
Are you aged between 18 and 29 and interested in creating a mini arts festival that appeals to young people? Would you like to work with Pavilion Theatre and a network of eight venues nationwide to design and select an exciting programme of performance featuring a range of theatre/music/dance/literary/film that you can put your stamp on?
Sound like you? Pavilion Theatre would love to hear from you!
Pavilion Theatre is keen to work with two young people who will lead on creating a unique festival of arts activity online with the NASC Network, to be presented in mid-June for audiences in your locality and across the country.
This project promises to be an amazing opportunity to connect with artists, actors, theatre makers, musicians across the country and to play a part in bringing exciting work to audiences.
The Curators will ideally:
- Be from Dublin or have strong connections or links to the city and county (in particular Dún Laoghaire Rathdown)
- Have interest in and experience of digital and social media
- Have a passion for the arts and for attending performances
- Enjoy working with a small team
- Like organising events and making things happen
The Curators may be studying the arts at third level, but this is not a requirement.
The project will require intensive and regular online meetings and research to develop the festival programme. Running from Thursday, April 1st onwards into early June 2021, culminating in the delivery of the festival in mid-June (with a time commitment of roughly five hours each week).
The Curators will be linked with mentors and other curators across the network to develop their programme and will work closely with the Pavilion team to develop and promote the festival. A programme budget will be allocated for The Curators to manage.
The deadline for applications is Monday, March 29th 2021 at 5pm.
To apply for this new and innovate programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using “Young Curators” in the subject line, telling us in 500 words or less:
- About yourself and why you should get this opportunity
- Where are you based and what connections you have to Dublin city and county
- Why would you like to participate as a curator in our project
- How digitally savvy you are - which social media platforms you use and like (Facebook/Twitter/TikTok/Instagram/Snapchat etc)
- Which artforms have you most interest in or experience of
- Anything else you’d like to tell us that might be relevant to this project.
We regret that we cannot provide feedback on individual applications.
The venues in the NASC network are:
An Grianán, Letterkenny; Backstage Theatre, Longford; Dunamaise Arts Centre, Portlaoise; glór, Ennis; Lime Tree Theatre, Limerick; Pavilion Theatre, Dún Laoghaire; Siamsa Tíre, Tralee; Town Hall Theatre, Galway.
With thanks to The Arts Council.